- Atlantic Beach
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySouthwinds has and is undergoing renovations still after hurricane Florence! If you reserve, understand that while our unit is fine and appealing, many buildings have some construction ongoing! Other owners across the island have raised costs, as unit here seems to be going fast! I lowered mine to compensate my renters for any noise inconvenience that may occur during your stay- it’s been a tough road for our area and our complex! Insurance companies held our monies so it’s been slow finishing repairs in many buildings (including our I building)-
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars more in costs on realtor managed units! You never know the condition of beds, couches, appliances, etc. Everything in our unit is new & modern! Want tidy? This is the unit to appreciate your holiday!
Read all the positive reviews on our charmingly modernized 2BD, 1.5BA condo on 2nd floor (no elevator, but 2nd floor doesn’t have an overload of steps)- you will have a great sea view and wave sounds from this unit- new wood floors, Corian® counters, stainless appliances, inviting furnishings, NEW comfortable beds, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and new tiled shower and stone vanity in main bathroom! Master BD has a new (4/2018) memory foam/ cool gel bed on the giant king bed with plush linens- not stiff sheets and blankets (also with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed- prevents dust mites & bed bugs) and 1/2 BA-
2nd BD has a new (5/2017) memory foam queen size bed (with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed) and a new (4/2018) memory foam/cool gel twin bed. The complex has 2 marvelous pools, one of which is right outdoor our front door and down the steps! Another min. and you are at the beach walkway to go oceanside! Many amenities of home here to give you a appealing beach trip! We have tried to put things in our unit that we appreciated when we were renting every year! Kitchen is supplied well enough to be able to prepare meals with EASE-new microwave, toaster, blender, 10 cup coffeemaker, & many preparing items/ silverware are in the unit. You will feel right at home here! Exceptionally CLEAN and modern unit!!
SUPER FAST WIFI is available for most seasons-we pay additional for streaming level WIFI- need netflix fast speeds? We have it!!
Price INCLUDES linens (quality sheets, blankets, bath towels, etc.) for ALL time periods. Paper products and soaps are not guaranteed- washer & dryer on premises only! Not in unit; the complex offers one complimentary dryer.
NO dogs and cats please- as owner is asthmatic & highly allergic! Forfeiture of monies will occur if found to be breaking this rule!
Unit will welcome 2 well behaved children max.
Note on cancellations: 60 days is REQUIRED to receive any refund!! Mandatory evacuations called by local officials is the ONLY exception to this rule, as that is not a renters fault. ALL renters have the option to buy cancellation insurance! If you choose NOT to, that is your prerogative, but, it wont be the owner's loss if something occurs and you need to cancel after that 60 day window closes. IF there is enough time, I will surely try to get NEW renters for the dates you cancelled-
if I re- rent, I will refund your money minus the costs Vacation Rental By Owner takes from me.
Long term units welcome from October- March-costs are reduced up to 60% for these. You can’t beat an sea view for roughly $40 nightly. A higher cleaning fee is all we raise-
inquire with owner if you would like a 30-90 day rental and what that entails-
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property managers and rental homes supply New Bern area discount catalogs which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer amazing promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of property management companies provide price savings to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it's beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers tend to be shocked at the range and wide range of short term rental properties available in the New Bern area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an optimum getaway to fit their New Bern group, from relaxing condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in New Bern are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view", review our short list of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned vacation spots, In New Bern the best rentals are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Many families choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult among family, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Does the chosen rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a costly rental home. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Suitable accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added.
Best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a first-class vacation experience.
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow renters to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest regarding your stay. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. If the rental home was not perfect, and you will better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 2.6 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Pescara - 2.0 miles
- The Spouter Inn Restaurant & Bakery - 2.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.5 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites Beaufort - 2.5 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 2.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites Beaufort - 4.2 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Crystal Coast Sailing Excursions - 3.0 miles