- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses provide New Bern area printed travel guides that feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the property management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same great activities with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are you able to switch your dates? Shoulder seasons provide impressive opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies provide financial savings to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain New Bern activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to find out just how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping travellers with booking, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as routine service issues that may arise.
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have identified several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Do you believe "Beautiful Corner Oceanfront 3 Bedroom 2 Bath Condo" is the best vacation property for your next family vacation? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
New Bern vacation rentals start booking early. To guarantee the best selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your New Bern vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of families choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest part of organizing your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Try to remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your company will need to be responsible for gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Vacation home Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you just want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the crew traveling with a pet dog? Pets are welcome at many rentals, but policies differ. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are included.
Start your Search
As soon as the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Your best chance for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, travelers must pay local taxes when renting "Beautiful Corner Oceanfront 3 Bedroom 2 Bath Condo", in addition to various other fees which might be mandatory based upon their situation, including a pet charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Vacation rental management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This may protect against disputes during check out.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental websites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they like the rental choice? Hopefully everything was ideal and you're happy to re-book the rental for next season. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.