How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply New Bern area traveller discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the store itself. Search for these magazines and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy those fantastic activities at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer incredible rates on daily rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a certain experience you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll get the best value from a home that most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to discover how many vacation homes are available in New Bern. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to find that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "Bridgeview on Broad", go through our brief checklist of points to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
New Bern vacation rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Vacation Week
Consensus can be tricky among family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a pricey vacation property. One individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor lounge? Do you want to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Do a few people in your party have specialized needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a furry companion? Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Examine your contract very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Aside from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies provide you with fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Property
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings. This will prevent disputes during checkout.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer feedback. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their vacation? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be quick. If not, you've acquired valuable rental search experience that will help with the next search.