Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide New Bern area vacation discount guides which include money-saving deals, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Willing to modify your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some rental companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a specific New Bern activity which you just love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the number and selection of short term rental homes available in the New Bern area. With such a big selection, renters are sure to select a vacation home that matches their desires and budget.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most beginners will be happy to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
Where to find and book a great vacation home:
Do you think "RECENTLY UPDATED MULTI-LEVEL CONDO WITH EASY BEACH ACCESS" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
New Bern vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Start by deciding which particular area of New Bern you'd like to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you need to have. Try to remember that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a pricey rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do a few people in your crew have specific needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your furry family members. Although a number of rental homes allow animal friends, rules and costs vary per rental. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
Best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest opportunity for a lower rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. If you find damage, or if repairs are required get in touch with the home manager immediately. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental websites seek comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something went wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Did they love their rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. Maybe the rental was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next trip.