- Pine Knoll Shores
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyGet ready for rest and enjoyment in our generous 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath multilevel townhouse style condominium located in the oceanfront hideaway of Sea Glen. It is a whimsical, calming, 38-unit complex located on the barrier island of Bogue Banks in the Town of Pine Knoll Shores. You will be surrounded by Live Oak trees of the maritime forest as you view the 200-acre Teddy Roosevelt Preserve. This section of the island has a wide and uncrowded beach with a sound side pier directly across the street.
Our beach home is welcoming and agreeably furbished from the moment you walk in. The Master Bedroom has a full private bath, king-size bed and balcony WITH A VIEW OF THE SEA AND THE TEDDY ROOSEVELT PRESERVE. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SITTING IN A TREE HOME VIEWING THE SEA. There are two other bedrooms - one with two twin beds, the other with a queen. These rooms share another full bath. Downstairs there is a thoroughly-supplied kitchen, dining room, sunroom, enormous living room, plus a half bath. You can sip an early morning cup of coffee on the beach front outdoor space as the sun rises or appreciate a glass of wine in the evening as the sun sets.
Sea Glen is handily located between Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle, close to historic Beaufort, Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Morehead City and the remarkable oceanside community of Swansboro. If you are a nature lover you will value the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Preserve and The North Carolina Aquarium just down the road! They offer varied activities all year round for all ages plus walking nature trails. Numerous stores, eateries and other attractions (miniature golf, bumper boats, go carts, kayaking, parasailing and jet-skiing) that are just a fast bicycle ride away. We fell in adore with this area from the moment we first stayed here. You really feel like you are hidden away from the rest of the world
The kitchen has been referbished with all new stainless steel kitchen appliances and a Keurig. Cozy new seating in living room and sun room as well as new linens in all bedrooms!
Bedroom #1 has a Twin Bunk Set.
Bedroom #2 has a Queen Bed.
Bedroom #3 Master Bedroom with a King Bed and private bathroom and balcony with sea vistas.
Cable TVs, DVD Player, High-Speed Wireless Internet, Gas Grille, Dishwasher, Microwave, Washer/Dryer.
No Smoking. No Animals.
Linens and Towels are included. Arrive with beds made!
Rental is Sunday to Sunday
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guides with special offers for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same terrific attractions with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Desire to avoid the crowds and save cash? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for promotions. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are practically catered to particular clients, whether it's oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer guests an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the New Bern area. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to locate a rental that suits their desires and budget.
Nearly all rental properties in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to find that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you believe " Enjoy Sunrises and Sunsets Just Steps Away in Oceanfront Getaway" is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
New Bern vacation homes start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many families plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Quite often, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Just How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Confirm that " Enjoy Sunrises and Sunsets Just Steps Away in Oceanfront Getaway" suits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your company will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near wildlife? Are bedsheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Commonly the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. The majority of rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew visiting with a family dog? While a number of vacation homes allow animal friends, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Where to Search
As soon as the place, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies typically have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when booking " Enjoy Sunrises and Sunsets Just Steps Away in Oceanfront Getaway", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but straightforward about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 1.1 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.9 miles
- Port Of Call - 1.1 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 1.2 miles
- Crab Shack - 1.2 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 1.3 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.5 miles
- Kountry Kitchen - 4.5 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 0.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 2.5 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 1.2 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.5 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 2.2 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 2.2 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 2.5 miles