- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyBogue Sound Front with your own private dock with an upper outdoor space for unreal sunsets in a private, calming setting! Splash and play in the sound or take a brief walk to the beach as we are just steps from the sea!
After a hard day of fun & sun at the beach or splashing in the sound at your own private dock, you can settle down on the back outdoor space or dock upper outdoor space with a cool drink and experience extraordinary vistas of Bogue sound and ridiculous sunsets.
Summer is sensational for visiting the sound and beach. However, another favorite time to visit the Sundowner is in the Spring and Fall with warm days, swimming in the sound, bit lower humidity, and great fishing!
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are special times to spend at the coast and celebrate with family or friends. January and February are not to be forgotten months with much needed inviting and de-stressing after the holiday festivities, and also passionate getaways are possible for Valentine’s Day.
The sundowner has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. She agreeably sleeps 6; with 2 queen beds and a kid amicable room with two bunk beds: one with a double bed on the bottom, single on top, the other with a single bed on bottom and single bed on top. The rooms with queen beds have access to the private decks over Bogue Sound. There is a phenomenal BBQ picnic area with located sound front.
You have immediate access to the sound, which means swimming, fishing, clamming, crabbing, seining, bird watching, walking in the water, etc. The kitchen has everything you need to make your own meals if you like, including spices left for visitors.
There are stairs leading into the sound, chairs and a table to adore the sunset. There is also a hot/cold outdoor shower area. For those of you that would like to try some clamming or crabbing there are rakes and crab pots available for use. We also have beach chairs, coolers, and body boards.
Points of Interest close by:
• NC Aquarium, Pine Knoll Shores, NC
• Bicycle trail right in front of our home that can take you to either Salter Path or to Coast Guard Rd.
• Historical Waterfront Town of Beaufort
• Deep sea fishing charters, Big Rock Fishing Tournament (June)
• NC Seafood Festival the first weekend in October
• Public NC Wildlife Boat Access
• Fort Macon
• Bogue Fishing Pier
• Great waterfront dining at Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Beaufort
• Shackleford Island
• Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Maritime Museums
Please give the Sundowner a try. Once you come and visit we know you’ll be back again, it’s a home away from home!
Please contact me with any questions we will be joyful to speak with you!
Catherine Louis and Paul Jarmul
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and vacation properties supply New Bern area promotional travel books which include offers, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the local store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to alter your travel week? Shoulder seasons offer fantastic savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies offer concessions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You may be shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Owners often choose management companies to assist with online advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be delighted to find that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Where to find and reserve the best rental home:
Do you believe "Sundowner - Soundfront 3 bedroom 2 bath home on Emerald Isle, NC!" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming family vacation? Read this check list to confirm it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular destinations, In New Bern the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the most desirable selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your New Bern getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Choose a Community and Time
Start by choosing which specific area of New Bern you would like to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Choose a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that "Sundowner - Soundfront 3 bedroom 2 bath home on Emerald Isle, NC!" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking an expensive rental. Generally, one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Don't forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything required. If something is missing, the property management company might know of very similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. This is most effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read through the entire contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
After you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Many rental management company web sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning will be relatively easy. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Island Water Sports - 1.6 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.6 miles
- Crab Shack - 3.0 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 3.0 miles
- Port Of Call - 3.0 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.3 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.3 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 1.6 miles
- Island Water Sports - 1.6 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.6 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 2.6 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 2.9 miles
- Blown Kiteboarding - 3.2 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.2 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 3.0 miles