View this property at:
About this Property
RETROUVAILLE (pronounced "ret-ro-vie") is a NEW-in-2019 Vacation Rental By Owner
5 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, oceanfront, single family home, family setting, Southern Outer Banks (S. OBX), town of Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina 28512
Steps from Atlantic Sea, 1/2 mile from Crystal Coast Country Club, two miles from North Carolina Aquarium, 7 miles from historic Fort Macon, near Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
Street access for skateboarding; bicycle lane along entire island
Access to 6 private Bogue Sound parks (links below); natural forest, charcoal grilles, picnic tables, playground, swings, b-ball court. Boat/Kayak/Canoe launching access, fishing piers: Day use only. Car decal & gate card for parks supplied in the Guest Rent.
Carport plus 4-car parking area
Two beach-view hammocks
Outdoor, huge private shower with hot water
High Speed wireless internet; landline phone
Floor planking in ground floor bedrooms, all bathrooms, stairs
Wood floor: upper level
Marble countertops: all bathrooms
Kitchen: Granite countertops; enlargened island with counter-height seating
Solar Blackout Curtains in the two Master Bedrooms and Living Room
NOTE: Wheelchair accessibility
- Elevator: one step up from ground level; on Main Level Carolina porch, one step up to living area. Ramps in place make steps and entire home wheelchair accessible.
- Wide sliding glass doors onto additional wide outdoor space; wide hallways and room entrances.
Panoramic, shorefront vistas of the Atlantic from living room and kitchen.
Living Area: 60" Sony 3D Wi-Fi LED HDTV; premium channels; 3D Blu-Ray player; cushy, leather seating; Queen sleeper-couch; authentic WWII Liberty ship hatch-cover coffee table, end tables. Propane fireplace. Access to shorefront outdoor space that spans entire length of home, with captain's chairs, rockers, glider, and Beach Royalty Hammock.
Kitchen: adjoins living area; sizable open dining area, seats 10, plus enormous maple, butcher block island with 4 counter-height chairs. Appliances include both regular coffee maker & Keurig.
Carolina Porch: superb overlook of natural, Pine Knoll Shores vegetation; settee and additional generous multi-purpose table, seats 10, for games, handicrafts, banquets, etc.
Master Bedroom #1: Access to shorefront outdoor space spanning entire length of home, completely decorated. King-sized bed; cool Tempurpedic, Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom and shower with grab bars and handles. Solar black-out curtains.
Bedroom #2 and #3: Queen sized beds; cool Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream beds; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV's; hall bathroom.
Downstairs Master Bedroom (#4): King sized bed; cool Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom; sliding door access to outdoor patio with bench, huge picnic table, sea/beach view, and three steps up to board walkway to the beach side outdoor space.
Bedroom #5 or Multi-Media/Game Room: Direct access to outdoor patio and private bathroom. 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV, premium channels, Blu-Ray player and PS4 (bring your own games); Big Joe seating and Big Childrens comfortable swivel chairs; competition Ping-Pong table. Bunk Bed: Twin size over full sized bed with additional full-sized trundle.
Generous gas grille stored in carport; to be used under front awning.
Private, lower outdoor space landing with benches directly off beach, outdoor shower, and a platform for cleaning fish. (Yes, this Is the Fishing Mecca of the East Coast!).
Superior linens system featured in all bedrooms.
Ceiling fans, off-season fireplace, 12 bags stands. Central de-humidification system. Culligan Medallist Water Softener System; Culligan Aqua-Cleer Advanced (Reverse Osmosis) filtered drinking water system at kitchen sink, and producing crystal clear pure ice cubes (connected to Fridge door ice-maker).
Infant/Child Conveniences: Infant crib (bring your own sheets) , high chair, kid size Little Joe and Big Joe chairs.
No Smoking. No Animals.
Min Required Stay:
5 Nights 13 Sep 2019 - 1 May 2020
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 2 May - 11 Sep 2020
5 Nights 12 Sep 2020 - 30 Apr 2021
Linens and bath & kitchen towels included with beds made
Please bring your own beach towels.
Hi-Speed Internet (Wireless), Landline/Elevator Telephone
PlayStation 4, 6 TVs (HDTV), 2 Blu-Ray Players, Premium Cable Channel(s)
Picnic table area, community dock access, community pier access, b-ball court access
Linens supplied; beds made up (weekly stays); private walkway access to beach,
36" x 48" elevator; covered outdoor porch/outdoor space; covered patio; refrigerator/freezer on both floors.
Non-Smoking, main floor washer/dryer, dune-top outdoor space, outdoor space furnishings, iron & ironing board.
Rec / Game Room, Ping Pong Table, Card / Poker Table, Fish Cleaning Station
Premium venue for family celebrations: Seated dining for 24. 10 at Dining Room table, 4 at Enormous Kitchen butcher block island, and 10 at adjacent Carolina Porch table.
Great for hosting weddings, family get-togethers, and your traditional holiday gatherings!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply New Bern area travel catalogs which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the vendor itself. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows travelers to discover the very same great attractions with a considerable discounted.
- Just want to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Many property management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most closely suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation homes in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their property, management companies are critical in assisting guests with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, as well as maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some tips and methods to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO" is the best rental property for your next vacation? Read through this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In New Bern the best vacation rentals are booked early. To guarantee the very best selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your New Bern vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of families decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Begin by deciding which particular area of New Bern you would like to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you'll need. Bear in mind that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Make certain "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Usually, a single member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each person's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of property listings include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your companion! Although many vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and fees vary per rental. Make sure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
When the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique selection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Contract
Read the full contract and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, vacationers will need to pay state taxes when renting "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO", along with various other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental property to ensure that you've packed all possessions.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to be certain no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
How did they like the rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with the next search.