View this property at:
About this Property
RETROUVAILLE (pronounced "ret-ro-vie") is a NEW-in-2019 Vacation Rental By Owner
5 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, oceanfront, single family home, family setting, Southern Outer Banks (S. OBX), town of Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina 28512
Steps from Atlantic Sea, 1/2 mile from Crystal Coast Country Club, two miles from North Carolina Aquarium, 7 miles from historic Fort Macon, near Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
The Ideal Tele-Work and Home Schooling Getaway Venue, while Enjoying a Beach Holiday with the entire Family!
Street access for skateboarding; bicycle lane along entire island
Access to 6 private Bogue Sound parks (links below); natural forest, charcoal grilles, picnic tables, playground, swings, b-ball court. Boat/Kayak/Canoe launching access, fishing piers: Day use only. Car decal & gate card for parks supplied in the Guest Rent.
Carport plus 4-car parking area
Two beach-view hammocks
Outdoor, huge private shower with hot water
High Speed wireless internet; landline phone
Floor planking in ground floor bedrooms, all bathrooms, stairs
Wood floor: upper level
Marble countertops: all bathrooms
Kitchen: Granite countertops; enlargened island with counter-height seating
Solar Blackout Curtains in the two Master Bedrooms and Living Room
NOTE: Wheelchair accessibility
- Elevator: one step up from ground level; on Main Level Carolina porch, one step up to living area. Ramps in place make steps and entire home wheelchair accessible.
- Wide sliding glass doors onto additional wide outdoor space; wide hallways and room entrances.
Panoramic, shorefront vistas of the Atlantic from living room and kitchen.
Living Area: 60" Sony 3D Wi-Fi LED HDTV; premium channels; 3D Blu-Ray player; cushy, leather seating; Queen sleeper-couch; authentic WWII Liberty ship hatch-cover coffee table, end tables. Propane fireplace. Access to shorefront outdoor space that spans entire length of home, with captain's chairs, rockers, glider, and Beach Royalty Hammock.
Kitchen: adjoins living area; enormous open dining area, seats 10, plus generous maple, butcher block island with 4 counter-height chairs. Appliances include both regular coffee maker & Keurig.
Carolina Porch: charming overlook of natural, Pine Knoll Shores vegetation; settee and additional sizable multi-purpose table, seats 10, for games, handicrafts, banquets, etc.
Master Bedroom #1: Access to shorefront outdoor space spanning entire length of home, thoroughly decorated. King-sized bed; cool Tempurpedic, Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom and shower with grab bars and handles. Solar black-out curtains.
Bedroom #2 and #3: Queen sized beds; cool Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream beds; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV's; hall bathroom.
Downstairs Master Bedroom (#4): King sized bed; cool Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom; sliding door access to outdoor patio with bench, huge picnic table, sea/beach view, and three steps up to board walkway to the beach side outdoor space.
Bedroom #5 or Multi-Media/Game Room: Direct access to outdoor patio and private bathroom. 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV, premium channels, Blu-Ray player and PS4 (bring your own games); Big Joe seating and Big Childrens inviting swivel chairs; competition Ping-Pong table. Bunk Bed: Twin size over full sized bed with additional full-sized trundle.
Giant gas grille stored in carport; to be used under front awning.
Private, lower outdoor space landing with benches directly off beach, outdoor shower, and a platform for cleaning fish. (Yes, this Is the Fishing Mecca of the East Coast!).
Superior linens system featured in all bedrooms.
Ceiling fans, off-season fireplace, 12 bags stands. Central de-humidification system. Culligan Medallist Water Softener System; Culligan Aqua-Cleer Advanced (Reverse Osmosis) filtered drinking water system at kitchen sink, and producing crystal clear pure ice cubes (connected to Fridge door ice-maker).
Infant/Child Conveniences: Infant crib (bring your own sheets) , high chair, kid size Little Joe and Big Joe chairs.
No Smoking. No Animals.
Min Required Stay:
5 Nights 13 Sep 2019 - 1 May 2020
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 2 May - 11 Sep 2020
5 Nights 12 Sep 2020 - 30 Apr 2021
Linens and bath & kitchen towels supplied with beds made
Please bring your own beach towels.
Hi-Speed Internet (Wireless), Landline/Elevator Telephone
PlayStation 4, 6 TVs (HDTV), 2 Blu-Ray Players, Premium Cable Channel(s)
Picnic table area, community dock access, community pier access, b-ball court access
Linens included; beds made up (weekly stays); private walkway access to beach,
36" x 48" elevator; covered outdoor porch/outdoor space; covered patio; refrigerator/freezer on both floors.
Non-Smoking, main floor washer/dryer, dune-top outdoor space, outdoor space furnishings, iron & ironing board.
Rec / Game Room, Ping Pong Table, Card / Poker Table, Fish Cleaning Station
Premium venue for family celebrations: Seated dining for 24. 10 at Dining Room table, 4 at Grand Kitchen butcher block island, and 10 at adjacent Carolina Porch table.
Great for hosting weddings, family get-togethers, and your traditional holiday gatherings!
- Many management companies and rental properties supply New Bern area vacation discount magazines that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. Look for these magazines and coupon books, as this allows visitors to enjoy the same attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak seasons will offer fantastic rates on daily rentals.
- Are you a military veteran? Several property management companies offer discount rates to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific activity you are most anticipating during your stay? If there's a specific New Bern activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to learn just how many rental homes are available in New Bern. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to fit their New Bern group, from restful condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to assist with online advertising, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you think "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Read this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Like many desirable vacation spots, In New Bern the best rentals are booked early. To guarantee the most desirable selection of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your New Bern rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can often be difficult among family, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Determine who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you'll need. Be mindful that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make certain "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each party understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
What property features is the group searching for? Do you just desire a rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
When the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the home manager right away.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental to be sure you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? With some luck everything turned out to be ideal and you're happy to reserve the same property for next year. If the property was not perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search next time.