Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental houses provide New Bern area travel discount magazines that feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Search for these guides and discount books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the same great activities with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Willing to change your dates? Off-peak times offer sizable markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get unique discounts. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific guests, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are certain to locate a rental which fits their expectations and spending plan.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, check-in, house cleaning services, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "AMAZING VIEWS!! Beachfront Duplex (East) at the Point with a private POOL! ", read through our brief list of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In New Bern the best rental properties are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Start by figuring out which specific area of New Bern you want to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the group. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of rental homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the rate for your selected stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving an expensive rental. In most cases, a single person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental home with open-air dining area? Will the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do a few people in your party have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a family pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may dismiss a prospective vacation property. Study your contract carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make certain no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any required fixes. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to make sure that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Nearly all rental property web sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your review.
Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to perfect your search next time.