- Emerald Isle
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWith steps leading directly to the beach - what more could you ask for? The vistas from this home are magnificant no matter which direction you look. Sitting on the highest point of land in Emerald Isle, Cloud Nine is appropriately named, sitting high atop the dunes. The sun rises to the east and sun sets in the west, over the sea, makes this location one of the only places on the entire east coast that faces due south.
The home layout offers a monstrous outdoor space with a covered awning for shade and less than a min. walk to get your feet in the sand. On the main living floor an open floor plan offers a calming living room to relax and rejuvenate for another breathtaking beach day. A generous kitchen off of the living room on the main floor is loaded with all of your preparing necessities. On the Bogue Sound side of the main floor, a separate room is tucked away for additional sleeping space and is supplied with cable TV. A full bath and washer/dryer is on the sound side, off of the kitchen.
The upstairs is all about sleeping space! After a day on the beach or out visiting the plethora of local attractions, there is nothing like a good nighttime's rest. Cloud Nine offers opulence sleeping for our visitors as we have furbished the home for as we will one day live there ourselves. The master bedroom sits off the sea side and offers a king bed and a modest outdoor space with a view that makes you speechless. Cloud Nine sits up so above the dune that our visitors look down at the homes on either side. The master bedroom offers the biggest bathroom with windows that show the sea with every turn.
The biggest room on the sound side offer a private outdoor space with a view of the sea and the sound, a queen room, huge walk-in closet and wall mounted TV. The sound side back bedroom has two twins with plenty of closet space and a great view of Bogue Sound. The middle room at the top of the stairs has a full size bed and a sizable closet.
Constructed in 1995 and very well constructed and maintained, Cloud Nine sits near mile marker 15, mid-way mark on the 29 mile island. This proximity accepts visitors to travel east to discover the local flavor of close by Atlantic Beach, including a side trip to the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, only 8 miles away. Continue on east and follow Route 58 to the end of the road which is home to historic Fort Macon State Park. From Atlantic Beach, a trip across the causeway to Morehead City offers nightlife, sound side dining and local shopping and experience Beaufort. Traveling west from the home brings you into the town of Emerald Isle in just 4 miles. Adventurous visitors can walk to the Bogue Sound pier by beach in about two hours. I recommend walking one way and phoning back for a ride and insisting on being taken out to a phenomenal local restaurant for lunch since you earned that!! Crossing the bridge as you exit Emerald Isle is one of the most magnificant scenes on the island. But this brief drive takes you to Cedar Point, home of Dudley Marina and the peerless place for FRESH OFF THE BOAT seafood at Phillips Seafood Market - where the locals go for new fish. Drive across another brief bridge and welcome to Swansboro, one of our favorite places to go. Wonderful people and fabulous eateries. The closest mall in Jacksonville is only 30 mins. from Cloud Nine, after through Swansboro.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guides with savings for lodging, dining and attractions. Look for these books and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to experience the very same terrific activities with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Willing to change your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up sizeable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get discounts. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular activity you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a rental which most directly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to discover just how many properties are available in their area of interest. With such a big selection, clients are sure to discover a rental home which fits their desires and budget.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some tips and tricks to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Do you believe " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS " is the best rental for your next trip? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
New Bern vacation homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. A lot of groups decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Begin by picking which particular area of New Bern you want to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Consider that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS " satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking an expensive rental property. One individual in your family needs to be in charge of collecting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you simply desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Will the unit have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Most rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a pet dog? Although quite a few vacation rentals permit dogs and cats, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will have an exclusive assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of comparable properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read the Entire Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal fee, travelers will have to pay state taxes when renting " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS ", in addition to various other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and home owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to offer comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine about your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. If the property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Pizza Inn Emerald Isle - 4.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 4.2 miles
- The Trading Post - 4.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.3 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 4.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 4.6 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.9 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.9 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 4.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.1 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 4.0 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 3.0 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.0 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 3.1 miles
- Blown Kiteboarding - 3.4 miles