Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation homes supply New Bern area printed travel magazines which include coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Can you move your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Many property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning individuals of the same rental. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be surprised to learn just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in New Bern are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners frequently choose management companies to assist with online advertising, housekeeping services and maintenance.
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe "Beautiful 5br/5ba Oceanview Cottage" is the best rental property for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned hot spots, In New Bern the best rental homes are booked very early. To ensure the very best selection of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and booking your New Bern rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Start by choosing which specific area of New Bern you prefer to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental home
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Does the preferred rental fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving an expensive rental. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Proper access could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your companion! Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? Maybe everything was outstanding and you are ready to re-book the property for next season. If the rental was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.