- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis exceptional 15 Acre Estate on the water can be yours by the weekend, week or month. Your privacy is assured in this pretty gated unit. Sleeping up to 18 with 6 bedrooms, 6 full baths and a1/2 bath. There are also 4 sleeping colts in the room over the garage. Come with your family, hold a corporate getaway or have a wedding inside the 40 seat pavilion which rests on the grounds. Savor the holiday of your dreams in this opulent home. This unit comes with 3 deep water boat slips. Stroll the grounds and appreciate the private beach or relax on the supplied sleeping porch. Come with your boat, adore the fishing dock or play at the beach, all can be yours. This is a great place to bring your kayak. Adore the full game room with Billiards, a poker table and blissful full bath. There are fireplaces, fire pits, and a horseshoe pit. A golf cart is included in your stay to move around the unit.
PDL Beach Properties
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you tourism guide books with deals for vacation rental management companies, dining and activities. Look for these guides and promotional books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the same wonderful activities at a frequently considerable discounted.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds and save cash? The off-peak seasons can offer fantastic rates on weekly rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get cost savings. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain New Bern atteaction that you just love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers tend to be surprised at the number and variety of short term vacation rentals available in the New Bern area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their New Bern gang, from relaxing condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Magnificent 15 Acre Estate on the Intracoastal Waterway" is the best vacation property for your next trip? Read through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
New Bern vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the best choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your New Bern vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many groups plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging part of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes more straightforward.
Decide on a Size
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "Magnificent 15 Acre Estate on the Intracoastal Waterway" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your family needs to be responsible for collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group looking for? Do you want a rental property with outside kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few people in your crew have specialized needs? Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pet guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Read your contract carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies typically have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, guests have to pay state taxes when renting "Magnificent 15 Acre Estate on the Intracoastal Waterway", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
When you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the community. Frequently, surrounding properties are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even if you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should be addressed prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to offer reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something was unsatisfactory and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If not, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with the next search.