- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDown the ' Road Less Traveled!'
Utopia at the end of a mile dirt path. Striking 5 bedroom, 4 bath waterfront bungalow 6 miles from historic Beaufort. Anchor your modest flat bottom boat right in front of the home for daily appreciation! Kayaks, clam rakes, crab pot included!!! Big porches with a expansive view of elegant North River, facing Shackleford Banks! Smooth drive to Harkers Island, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, Salter Path, and Emerald Isle!
Many household items are supplied for your appreciation:
paper towels, trash bags, dish liquid, dishwasher powder, soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers, toilet paper, washing powder, Clean linens are on beds, and we supply plenty of dish and bath towels! The kitchen is entirely loaded with tons of extras.
A great destination for families and good friends. Sandy beach in front yard, ideal for launching kayaks, canoes, sailboats, wind surf equipment, crabbing, floundering, sunbathing, watching for dolphins, exploring, and just escaping from the 'real world'!
At the end of the day, relish a calming drink on the balcony, taking full advantage of the amazing view of North River. (it's not very a river...it's a vast view facing Shakleford banks!) Listen to the gentle waves on the beach, savor the coastal wildlife, and make a toast to a spectacular sunset!!! Cheers! :)
Keywords: Secluded waterfront unit . 6 miles from historic Beaufort. Sandy white beach. Panoramic view of North River, which faces Shackleford Banks. Ideal for family gatherings, kayaking, windsurfing, canoeing, watching for dolphins, or just inviting in your beach chair.
- Many rental owners and vacation homes supply New Bern area promotional catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Want to stay away from packed areas and save money? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer markdowns to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to select a vacation home which fits their expectations and price range.
The vast majority of vacation homes in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Owners typically select management companies to assist with advertisements, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Do you believe "Waterfront, private beach, family gatherings, 5 bedrooms, bonfires and sunsets!" is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Look over this check list to confirm it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In New Bern the best vacation homes are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to a trip. Many visitors plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest part of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental
Determine who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Bear in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your group. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of rental homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you just want a rental home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Build a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your best friend! Although quite a few vacation rentals allow animal friends, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "New Bern local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. This is more effective through the off-season when many homes sit empty.
Read The Agreement
Read through the full contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when renting "Waterfront, private beach, family gatherings, 5 bedrooms, bonfires and sunsets!", along with any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager straight away. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure that you've gathered all belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Nearly all rental management company web sites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. If the rental home was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- The Spot - 3.8 miles
- Dragon King - 4.0 miles
- Blackbeards Grill and Grog - 4.2 miles
- Domino's Pizza Crystal Coast - 4.4 miles
- Rolandâ€™s Barbecue - 4.4 miles
- Taste of China - 4.5 miles