- Many management companies and vacation rental houses provide New Bern area promotional guides which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. Look for these catalogs and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Many property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning vacation goers to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are essentially catered to particular vacationers, whether it's oceanside units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
General Rental Information
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide painless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Ocean Front Ocean View, Heated Pool & Hot Tub", review our short collection of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
New Bern rental properties are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Decide on a Town and Time
Quite often, the hardest portion of organizing your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simpler.
Pick a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Many rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Typically, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure to include your furrry friends. While many rentals allow family pets, rules and charges vary per rental. A number of restrictions could dismiss a potential rental property. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local vacation homes" for local property management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
When you have located your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Your easiest chance for a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
Read through the whole contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Property management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager straight away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little. Even if you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should be taken care of before you leave.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many rental web sites seek comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest about your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Learn and Improve
How did they feel about the vacation rental? Maybe everything was perfect and you're happy to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the rental was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.