- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyCozy--casual and on the Intracoastal Waterway however only 15-30 mins. to Beaufort-Morehead City -Newport Cherry Point or the BEACH.
The area is peaceful -gated for your security -and fishing is just steps away. BRING YOUR BOAT and use our launch ramp and reserve a floating dock for your appreciation. Your choice to go to the sea or toward the Neuse on Adams creek. GOOD FISHING!!!!
The inside is cozy-a little "campy"-and Includes a Queen Bed - 1 bath -shower stall--Sleeper couch in living area -- Direct TV--and sizable porch with rocking chairs along with a gas grille if you want to prepare outdoor.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply New Bern area travel books that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the business itself. Look for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to adjust your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular clients, whether it's downtown units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular New Bern atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are often surprised at the range and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the New Bern area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation homes in New Bern are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned New Bern vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you believe " -WATERFRONT -Cottage on the ICW -PETS OK-Fishing and Boating steps away." is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
New Bern vacation rentals start booking very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Select your Area and Travel Week
Begin by determining which specific area of New Bern you'd like to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Pick a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Remember that that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental home. Most of the time, one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you primarily want a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the rental have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Special Things to consider
Commonly the elder generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds may be restricted. Read your agreement carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Best places to Search
After the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar homes that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking " -WATERFRONT -Cottage on the ICW -PETS OK-Fishing and Boating steps away.", along with any other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any fixes. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere with regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. How did they like the rental? Maybe everything turned out to be exceptional and you're happy to reserve the same rental home for next season. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Atlantis Charters - 1.1 miles