- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyPerched up high over the dunes, the freshly constructed Paxton Cottage offers priceless expansive sea vistas from its wide covered porch, modern kitchen and living and dining areas! This meticulously designed 1700 sf bungalow has an abundance of character with shiplap walls, an inviting and sizable open concept floor plan, 10 feet ceilings, and spectacular vistas of the great Atlantic! Eclectic and trendy decor combines both a mid-century vibe with a light and airy coastal feel. There are two sitting areas - one on each floor, and three bedrooms and a additional room which all restfully sleep 10. There are 3 full baths, including one with a tub, and a big private outdoor shower . Located a peaceful street, the Paxton Cottage is a block away from the most striking fine dining on the beach, and brief walking distance to the Atlantic Beach Circle, the Oceana Pier, and Amos Mosquito's.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus supply promotional tourism guide books with special deals for rental homes, dining and activities. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Shoulder seasons offer incredible opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of vacation rental companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific clients, whether it is oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You'll get the most value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their New Bern group, from restful condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation homes in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Before you book " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach ", read through our short checklist of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
New Bern rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Pick a Village and Time
Start by picking which specific area of New Bern you'd like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Check to make sure " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach " works with your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most of the time, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each party's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you simply desire a home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are linens included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Optimal access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. The majority of rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a four-legged friend? Although quite a few rentals allow dogs and cats, rules and costs vary per property. Study your contract carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
As soon as the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from having exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer you superb service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most property management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to re-book next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning is going to be easy. If not, you have acquired valuable experience that can help with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.8 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles