- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyPerched up high over the dunes, the freshly constructed Paxton Cottage offers priceless expansive sea vistas from its wide covered porch, modern kitchen and living and dining areas! This meticulously designed 1700 sf bungalow has an abundance of character with shiplap walls, an inviting and huge open concept floor plan, 10 feet ceilings, and spectacular vistas of the great Atlantic! Eclectic and trendy decor combines both a mid-century vibe with a light and airy coastal feel. There are two sitting areas - one on each floor, and three bedrooms and a additional room which all restfully sleep 10. There are 3 full baths, including one with a tub, and a big private outdoor shower . Located a peaceful street, the Paxton Cottage is a block away from the best fine dining on the beach, and brief walking distance to the Atlantic Beach Circle, the Oceana Pier, and Amos Mosquito's.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply New Bern area traveller discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to discover those terrific activities with a possibly substantial discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the US Military, or returning visitors of the same property. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most longing for ? If there's a particular New Bern atteaction that you love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the New Bern area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, housekeeping and maintenance.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you book " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach ", examine our short list of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In New Bern the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Many groups plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult between family, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your party. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with patio lounge? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do a few people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Even though a number of rentals permit animal friends, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
As soon as the area, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but completely honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.8 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 0.8 miles