- Atlantic Beach
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyPerched up high over the dunes, the freshly constructed Paxton Cottage offers priceless expansive sea vistas from its wide covered porch, modern kitchen and living and dining areas! This meticulously designed 1700 sf bungalow has an abundance of character with shiplap walls, an inviting and cavernous open concept floor plan, 10 feet ceilings, and spectacular vistas of the great Atlantic! Eclectic and trendy decor combines both a mid-century vibe with a light and airy coastal feel. There are two sitting areas - one on each floor, and three bedrooms and a additional room which all pleasantly sleep 10. There are 3 full baths, including one with a tub, and a big private outdoor shower . Located a peaceful street, the Paxton Cottage is a block away from the most exemplary fine dining on the beach, and brief walking distance to the Atlantic Beach Circle, the Oceana Pier, and Amos Mosquito's.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply New Bern area traveller discount magazines which include offers, either offered individually by merchants, or by a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same activities at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Willing to change your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you fantastic rates on rental accommodations.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers of the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most directly matches your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are shocked to learn how many rental properties are offered in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are certain to find a property that suits their desires and spending budget.
Nearly all rental properties in New Bern are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting vacationers with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the right rental home:
Do you believe " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach " is the perfect rental home for your next trip? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
New Bern vacation rentals start booking early. To guarantee the most desirable selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and booking your New Bern vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Town and Date
Begin by picking which specific area of New Bern you would like to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Make a Budget
Make sure that " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach " suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly rental home. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property payment? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Optimal access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your best friend! Although a number of rental homes allow household pets, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
After the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer superb service..
Re-read the description to ensure the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Entire Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any required fixes.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Virtually all vacation rental sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something was wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Grille - 0.1 miles
- Oceanana Fishing Pier & Pier House Restaurant - 1.4 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Hoop Pole Creek Nature Trail - 1.5 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Oceanana Fishing Pier & Pier House Restaurant - 1.4 miles
- Salty's Caddy Shack Mini Golf - 1.9 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 3.9 miles
- J Chalk Designs - 1.5 miles
- Beaufort Olive Oil Company - 1.9 miles
- Beaufort Olive Oil Company - 3.7 miles
- Freemans Bait and Tackle - 0.6 miles
- Wings Beachwear - Atlantic Beach - 0.6 miles
- Wings Beachwear - Atlantic Beach - 0.7 miles
- Atlantic Beach Surf Shop - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Cinema - 1.5 miles