Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. Look for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those activities at a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Willing to switch your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for unique discounts. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly longing for during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a property that meets their desires and budget.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and tactics to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you decide to book "SOUNDSIDE CONDO WITH LAGOON VIEWS HAS EASY BEACH ACCESS. POOL AT MARINA", go through our short checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
New Bern rentals start booking early. To guarantee the best choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your New Bern rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of visitors plan to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Place and Vacation Week
Begin by picking which specific area of New Bern you prefer to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. If not, email or call the property manager before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Most vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that everyone knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single individual in your party needs to be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you only desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are bed sheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the party traveling with a dog or cat? While a number of rental homes permit furry friends, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included.
Where to Search
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local companies provide superb service..
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
When you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental web sites seek reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but straightforward with regards to stay. The best property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific home away from home. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.