Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and rental houses provide New Bern area traveller discount guides which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat guests of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a certain New Bern activity that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual property owners typically offer customers the option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and selection of weekly rental properties available in the New Bern area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their New Bern group, from quiet condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and booking the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Beautiful First Floor Oceanfront Condo Steps to Beach and Pool", review our short collection of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
New Bern rental properties book months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home..
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your trip is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes much easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Be mindful that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Have a Budget
Make certain "Beautiful First Floor Oceanfront Condo Steps to Beach and Pool" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving an expensive vacation property. A single member of your group will have to be in charge of getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you primarily desire a vacation rental with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Often times the older generation has challenges with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your pets. Animal policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds may be controlled. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Where to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "New Bern local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of similar homes that suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your best opportunity for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Go Through The Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Many rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their stay? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be quick. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next trip.