Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and rental houses supply New Bern area promotional travel catalogs which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or via a partnership between the property manager and the business itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are the travel dates flexible? Shoulder seasons offer terrific discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a certain New Bern activity which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer their guests the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Some people are surprised to learn just how many rental properties are offered in New Bern. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in New Bern are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Do you believe "Ann St Getaway" is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Look over this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
New Bern vacation homes start booking very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Start by picking which specific area of New Bern you want to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that "Ann St Getaway" suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to reserving a costly vacation property. One member of your group will have to be given the task of collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with patio dining area? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental home. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "New Bern local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should be taken care of before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Did they love their rental? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you are happy to reserve the property for next season. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.